In this episode we take you step-by-step through a deep thematic analysis of The Dark Horse--a tremendous independent film out of New Zealand.
Show Notes & Links
- Alex Hull Wins Movie of the Week on Destiny! My son, who composed and performed the theme for the Narrative First podcast won the community prize for the video game Destiny with his 15-minute orchestration of the score from the game.
- Destiny Become Legend Symphony A direct link to Alex's symphony. Couldn't be prouder!
- Nanowrimo November is National Novel Writing Month, or Nanowrimo. If you need help preparing the structure of your story, you might want to consider the Dramatica Mentorship Program
- Swiss Army Man A story of a man and a dead man farting their way to happiness
- Storyforming: The Dark Horse Screencast showing how a Dramatica Story Expert unravels the hidden storyform of a great film
- The Dark Horse Our original analysis of the film
- How to Find the Narrative Code Within a Great Story Our article documenting the process of analyzing a solid narrative
Narrative First theme by Alex Hull. Hear more on his Soundcloud, Operation Solace