In this episode we show how you can come up with a compelling and meaningful story in less than two hours using Dramatica's powerful brainstorming tools. We also dive into a deep analysis of the fantastic Captain Fantastic, written and directed by Matt Ross and starring Viggo Mortensen. The film is a shining example of combining both objective and subjective views into a concrete and effective narrative.
Show Notes & Links
- Nanowrimo National Novel Writing Month
- Captain Fantastic an analysis of this fantastic film
- Writing Complete Stories an introduction to the Four Throughlines of a complete narrative
- Podcast: Predicting Who Will Listen to Your Story our podcast on setting Audience Empathy with the Main Character's Problem-Solving Style (warning: extremely controversial!(not really))
- Creating a Story from Scratch for Nanowrimo use Dramatica's brainstorming tools to form a compelling and meaningful story in less than an hour and an half!
- Narrative First Membership subscribe and receive access to hundreds of thousands of gists for use in Dramatica!
- Main Character Unique Ability articles and blog posts covering this important story point
- Dramatica Mentorship Program our flagship service designed to drastically improve your understanding of story through Dramatica!
Narrative First theme by Alex Hull. Hear more on his Soundcloud, Operation Solace