In this episode we cover the world's most familiar--and therefore, drabbest and dreariest--story structure. A popular message out of America in the mid to late 20th century, this storyform speaks of the essence what it is to be Male and focused on achievement.
Show Notes & Links
The Dramatica Mentorship Program - our premiere service designed to give you the tools and techniques for applying Dramatica's powerful concepts to your stories.
- Why Daylights Savings is a Bad Idea Smart people agree
- Narrative First Membership Support your favorite story structure publication while receiving hidden insights into the magic of Dramatica
- "Nosedive" Black Mirror Episode Definitely check this one out--a complete story in an hour!
- Outlining a Television Series with Dramatica everything you need to know about planning four years ahead
- Tangled: Before Ever After I hear the story is good
- Episodes of Sex and the City and Ally McBeal with complete stories in them
- Dramatica analysis of Roman Holiday You can find links to the podcast and video of the meeting here
- Next month's Dramatica analysis of an episode of The Americans this replaces the Breaking Bad episode we were going to do. Sorry, but this kid hates spoilers!
- Dramatica analysis of The Sixth Sense group analysis of this scary film
- Dramatica analysis of American Beauty sad sack finds beauty in suburbia
- Dramatica analysis of The Usual Suspects the greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world that every story was a Hero's Journey
- Dramatica analysis filter Bookmark this link and use it as much as you can
- Rethinking and Revisiting the Reservoir Dogs Analysis the article where we show a more accurate way of determine the storyform for this indie favorite
- Storyforms with an Overall Story Issue of Self-Interest quick link so you can follow along as you listen to the excitement
- Dramatica analysis of Witness the "greatest" screenplay of the 1980s through the eyes of Dramatica
- Our analysis of Arrival our view of this spectacular sci-fi story
- Plotting Your Story with Dramatica our current series of articles outlining a specific methodology for developing a solid structure for your next story
Narrative First theme by Alex Hull. Hear more on his Soundcloud, Operation Solace