55. How to Outline Your Story with the Plot Sequence Report
A great story employs its own unique approach to narrative structure. The Plot Sequence Report found in Dramatica grants writers an insight into their story’s foundation.
54. The Same Story: Aliens and Blade Runner: 2049
While some maintain that all stories carry the same structure (they don’t), these two films actually do share the same exact storyform.
53. The Power of Implied Story Points
A guy stuck in a well, The Sixth Sense, and Blade Runner:2049 top the list for this week’s in-depth story structure podcast.
52. Handling Subplots with the Dramatica Storyform
In this episode, I wrap up the Dramatica Users Group analysis of Jon Favreau’s Jungle Book and then relate some helpful tips when it comes to weaving subplots into your narrative.
50. Robert McKee and Syd Field Hate Dramatica
A famed story guru bullies a generation of computer nerds.
49. Your Story is Schrödinger's Cat
In this episode, we take a look at Quantum Theory and how it helps to explain how an Author projects a story into existence.
48. The Fugitive: When a Situation Isn't a Situation
The return of Throughline Thursdays, an unexpected analysis of The Prestige, and an explanation of the difference between a problematic Situation and problematic Activities.
47. Get Out and Breaking Structure for Shock Value
Connecting Character to Plot through Theme and the structural sleight of hand performed by writer/director Jordan Peele in the magnificent Get Out.
46. Everything You've Been Told About Story is Wrong
A look at Okja’s move towards propaganda and insight into the actual structure of every great story.