47. Get Out and Breaking Structure for Shock Value
Connecting Character to Plot through Theme and the structural sleight of hand performed by writer/director Jordan Peele in the magnificent Get Out.
46. Everything You've Been Told About Story is Wrong
A look at Okja’s move towards propaganda and insight into the actual structure of every great story.
45. The Final Word on Captain America: Civil War
Wrapping up the month long discussion on this superhero epic, I explain the purpose of an Influence Character perspective within the context of a complete story.
44. Figuring Out the Throughlines of a Complete Narrative
Continuing the series on Identifying the Key Story Points of a Narrative, in this episode I explain a method for singling out the various perspectives within a complete story.
43. Protagonists and Antagonists, Bad Guys and Good Guys
In this episode, I continue the discussion surrounding Captain America: Civil War by focusing on the Protagonist and Antagonist of a complete narrative.
42. The Civil War Over Captain America: Civil War
Take a deep dive into the story structure of three great films from a Dramatica theory of story point-of-view.
41. Moonlight: Writing the Personal Story Through Propaganda
The second season of story structure and story analysis begins! In this episode, I catch you up on the latest changes to the site and discuss why Moonlight won Best Picture.
39. The Final Word on Generating Dramatic Tension in Your Story
In addition to wrapping up the events of last month, we showcase two interviews—one with a writer new to Dramatica and the other, with a writer who discovered Dramatica.