In this episode we look at the differences between Star Trek and Star Wars from a Dramatica point-of-view; looking at the structural differences in their narratives. We also explain why the Overall Story Throughline for The Fugitive is in Situation--not Activity as one would think.
Links and Show Notes
- The Narrative First Podcast - leave a message, listen to past episodes
- The Throughlines of Kramer vs. Kramer
- The Character Arc Snapshot videos Four videos showing how character arc works from a Dramatica point-of-view
- The Difference Between Neo and Luke Skywalker No more Hero's Journey, please.
- Download the Dramatica Table of Story Elements You can download a PDF of the Table at the top of the page. Grab it and put it in your Dropbox and take it with you wherever you go.
- The MacGuffin is a Joke It really is. If anyone uses this term to describe something going on in a story, run as fast as you can. They have no idea what they are talking about.
- Understanding the Personal Goal of Your Main Character
- Damatica analysis of Star Wars
- Dramatica analysis of Star Trek (2009)
- Dramatica analysis of The Fugitive
- Dramatica analysis of The Shawshank Redemption