In this episode we explore the Dramatica theory of story and how its ability to predict the intuition of a writer could possibly be the sole remaining piece of magic left on the planet. We then turn our attention to the latest Star Trek movie and wonder why they didn't use Dramatica to construct an emotionally fulfilling narrative.
Also. Epic music!
Links and Show Notes
- Operation Solace: My 17-year old son's epic Soundcloud channel.
- Dramatica: Secrets of the Quad: Melanie's 2-hour mind-blowing video on how Dramatica works the way it does.
- Storyforming Series: Brand new ultra-cool video tutorial series on how to use Dramatica to uncover a story's unique storyform
- Character Arc Snapshots: Short 2-minute videos that describe the deep thematic elements behind a character's "arc"
- Story Concepts: Articles and blog posts organized by the story concept they cover
- Discussion on discuss.dramatica: Writers looking to pattern match Dramatica's storyform will always fail to arrive at a satisfying conclusion.