In this episode we take a look at the Audience Appreciation known as Essence and search for a new way to define it that is easy to understand for writers new to Dramatica. In addition, we have follow-up from last week's "controversial" podcast on Mental Sex and a brief Conversation with Melanie Anne Phillips, one of the co-creators of the theory.
Links and Show Notes
- What is Mental Relativity Melanie explains the foundation of Dramatica
- Mental Sex is Not Sexist We get letters. And sometimes they're not very well thought out.
- The Concept of Problem-Solving Last year's attempt to call me a sexist.
- Writing a Holistic Assassin Chris Huntley recommends an approach to writing a killer who prefers to solve problems holistically...
- The Throughlines of Sideways Last week's Throughline Thursdays takes a look at this Oscar-winning film
Narrative First theme by Alex Hull. Hear more on his Soundcloud, Operation Solace
...that's me playing Journey's Faithfully at the end...:)