In this episode we cover the tendency of the Main Character's personal problems to either build-up dramatic resistance or facilitate a greater flow throughout the story. In addition, we analyze Nice Guys and Sing Street, two new films out for streaming that you should definitely take a look at.
Leave voicemail feedback for the show at narrativefirst.com/podcasts
Links and Show Notes
- From Logline to Treatment Our FREE email course to help you take your 2-3 sentence logline and turn it into a meaningful one-page treatment!
- How to Tell If Your Main Character Faces Overwhelming or Surmountable Odds Last week's article on the feeling of dramatic tension within a story
- Predicting Who Will Listen to Your Story Our first Audience Appreciation article on Reach -- determining the size of your audience based on key story points
- Tendency the official Dramatica definition of Tendency, the subject of this week's podcast
- The Reason for Acts a scientific explanation why every complete story consists of four Acts
- Not Everything is a Hero's Journey It really isn't, and any attempt to do so only diminishes the quality of conversation
Narrative First theme by Alex Hull. Hear more on his Soundcloud, Operation Solace