This week we shorten things up a bit and take a look at one story point: the Main Character Approach. Does your Main Character prefer to solve problems externally or internally? The answer creates a pathway for the Audience to become a part of your story.
In addition, we take a quick analysis at the live action Jungle Book movie from Disney.
Show Notes & Links
- Separating out the Relationship Throughline from the relationship in the Overall Story
- Figuring Out the Act Order of Seasons for Your Show With Dramatica you can figure it out before you even start writing a single word
- A Skeleton of Scene Structure in Dramatica the beginning of our investigation into the structure of an individual scene
- The Dramatic Components of a Scene more insight into the creation of scenes using Dramatica
- All the Light We Cannot See One of the greatest novels of all time
- The Eight Essential Ingredients of Story Last week’s article on the the first two dynamic questions: Main Character Resolve and Main Character Growth
- The Eight Essential Ingredients of Story Podcast Last week’s podcast and first in a series on the eight dynamic questions from Dramatica
- Redefining Main Character and Protagonist A must read for anyone new to Dramatica
Narrative First theme by Alex Hull. Hear more on his Soundcloud, Operation Solace