In this episode we begin our discussion of deep thematic scene structure through the lens of the Dramatica theory of story. Typically we don't get this deep into the theory--at the Scene level the signal to noise ratio is so great that any inaccuracy will wash out when it comes to the meaning of the narrative. Still, it's fascinating to see perfect story structure working at this level.
Show Notes & Links
- Writing Complete Stories the first official article for Narrative First
- The Vault of Narrative First articles the vault for all the articles and notes prior to 2010
- The Narrative First Analysis Showcase over ten years of analysis organized by the very great...and the not so great...
- The Idea of the Script Consultant our article on that evil breed of leeches that suck the marrow from unsuspecting writers
- Ratatouille: Why the Film Seems Too Long a structural explanation for why the film seems to end twice
- Keeping the Story Limit Consistent
- Story Thoughts on Scenes anthology of every blog post regarding the construction of Scenes with Dramatica
- How Scenes Relate to Dramatica's Story Elements Melanie's groundbreaking insight into the Events of a Scene
Narrative First theme by Alex Hull. Hear more on his Soundcloud, Operation Solace