In this episode not only do we cover how to successfully analyze a story with Dramatica, but we also look into four different kinds of scenes found in the psycho-technological thriller Ex Machina. And as a special bonus feature, Dramatica co-creator Chris Huntley offers his insights into how to successfully build a storyform.
Show Notes & Links
- Ex Machina analysis This is the updated, correct analysis!
- Rogue One trailer Join me in watching this way too many times.
- Storymind Dramatica co-creator Melanie Anne Phillip’s blog
- The Fractal Nature of the Storymind the difference between a single mind and a collective mind
- Using Dramatica to Assess Read World Narratives Great article on using Dramatica to predict human behavior
- The Essence of Dramatic Tension a deeply held conviction meets the quest to achieve a goal
- Dramatica Users Group analysis of Ex Machina Two hours of story structure goodness
- Upcoming Dramatica Users Group analysis of Spotlight The Oscar winner goes under the microscope
- The Four Modalities of Scene Construction Everything you ever wanted to know about TKAD, PRCO, SRCA, and PASS but were too afraid to ask
- The Varied Scene Illustrations of Ex Machina Four different ways of illustrating scenes in this fantastic film
Narrative First theme by Alex Hull. Hear more on his Soundcloud, Operation Solace