In this, our first episode of the second season of the Narrative First Podcast, we catch up on all things story structure & story analysis including a look into the Oscar winner for Best Picture in 2016. Tons of links and articles and blog posts from the past three months for you to review. In fact, too many to summarize in this short paragraph. Best to scroll down to the Show Notes and follow along while you listen.
If you have any questions or would like help structuring your story with Dramatica please contact us at http://narrativefirst.com/contact.
Show Notes & Links
- Narrative First on Apple News! Catch up with everything in story structure & story analysis
- Subscribe to Narrative First RSS Readers click here
- The Narrative First Storyforming Series Video tutorials on how to decipher the deep thematic structure of a story
- The Toy Story Dilemma Woody is clearly a Steadfast Main Character
- Rethinking and Revisiting the Reservoir Dogs Analysis a more accurate version of the storyform for this great film
- The Purpose Behind Every Great Story what makes a story a story
- The Difference Between Being and Becoming in Dramatica There is a difference. And it’s important.
- Identifying the Number of Acts in Your Story Your story’s thematic material determines the number of acts. Cool, right?
- Tangled: The Series Premiere! The show we consulted on premieres this month on the Disney channel!
- Outlining a Television Series with Dramatica our article describing the process of folding storyforms within storyforms to create meaningful television
- Z: A Broken Story an example of a film that blends concerns from different locations.
- I Don’t Feel at Home in this World Anymore our analysis of this skittish film
- The Yellow Birds Fantastic Iraq war drama that brings to mind Platoon
- The Best Picture of 2016 Doesn’t Have a Story But does that really matter when it comes to moving cinema?
- Moonlight Our analysis of the Best Picture of 2016
- A Grand Argument Story What Dramatica is all based on.
- Propaganda from a Dramatica perspective. It’s not necessarily a bad thing.
- Sicko An example of “positive” propaganda (Listen to the podcast attached to this film for more info)
- Moonlight Deep Thematic Analysis Group analysis of the film coming this July
- Zootopia Our analysis of this Oscar-winning film
- Dramatica analysis of Zootopia the official Dramatica storyform for this Disney classic
- YouTube recording of the Zootopia analysis direct link to the 2-hour video of our group analysis of the film
- Dramatica analysis of E.T. the Extra Terrestrial Our wrap up of the night including links to the official storyform
- Stranger Things analysis a look at how the television series is basically the reverse, structurally, of E.T.
- Dramatica analysis of The Princess Bride thoughts on The Princess Bride analysis including links to the official storyform
- The Yearly Dramatica Story Embroidery Class Watch Dramatica story experts create a complete story in less than two hours!
- Predicting Who Will Listen to Your Story It’s all about setting that Main Character Problem-Solving Style. If you want the bigger audience, choose Linear!
Narrative First theme by Alex Hull. Hear more on his Soundcloud, Operation Solace