In this episode, I continue the discussion surrounding Captain America: Civil War focusing this time on the Protagonist and Antagonist of a complete narrative. The visual planning tool Milanote makes an appearance, along with a brand new analysis of the romantic comedy, The Big Sick. A brand new feature starts this week--The Word of the Week--where I take one of Dramatica's terms and explain the ins and outs of how it works within story. This week's word is Preconscious (starting easy!). And finally, I wrap the show up with a look at that article on how Dramatica sees the Protagonist and Antagonist of a story.
The Dramatica Mentorship Program - my premier service designed to give you the tools and techniques for applying Dramatica's powerful concepts to your stories.
- My analysis of Logan, chronicling the changing of the guard
- A Narrative First Membership grants you access to premium content
- Identifying the Goal and Consequence of a Complete Story covers two super important story points to improve the quality of your storytelling
- Identifying the Protagonist and Antagonist of a Complete Story like the article above, only this time about the competing forces of motivation in your story
- The Discuss Dramatica discussion about Captain America: Civil War a lot, and I mean, a lot of words about one superhero movie and Dramatica
- Milanote an awesome tool for planning out your story with the Dramatica theory of story
- Fountain Markdown markup language for screenwriters
- Why you need Quiet Time in order to quadruple your word count
- A Narrative First RoadMap helps you visualize your story in an entirely brand new way
- My analysis of The Big Sick and why you’ll laugh for hours...and then some
- The Story Limit and why you need one in your story. Audiences like to know when a story will end. Don’t let them down.
- A collection of films with a Problem of Reaction and now you can add The Big Sick to it
- Preconscious The Word of the Week a new feature where I discuss and explore one of Dramatica's complex theoretical terms
- The analysis for Zootopia and In Bruges, both films with an Overall Story Concern in the Preconscious
- The analysis page for Dr. Zhivago where you will find links to both the podcast and videocast of the Dramatica Users Group analysis of the film
Narrative First theme by Alex Hull. Hear more on his Soundcloud, Operation Solace