This week I discuss a method for Authors to connect the Characters in the story with the mechanics of Plot by crossing over through the family of Thematic Issues congruent with their story's meaning. In addition, I discuss at length my analysis of Get Out and how the film played with structure in an attempt to address Audience reception issues.
The Dramatica Mentorship Program - my premier service designed to give you the tools and techniques for applying Dramatica's powerful concepts to your stories.
Show Notes & Links
- Ryan Holiday's Perennial Seller: The Art of Making and Marketing Work That Lasts a fantastic read for creatives intent on creating something lasting
- Subscribe to the Narrative First Newsletter and receive weekly updates from the world of story structure & story analysis
- Orson Welles on the Importance of the Storyform
- My analysis of Get Out
- Become a Narrative First Member and enjoy access to premium content
- Melanie on How to Structure Your Story's Signposts
- Stories are Like Birthday Cake an explanation of why some are more tastier than others
- Finding the Plot of Your Story Through Theme Character, Plot, and Theme connect seamlessly within the structure of a great narrative
Narrative First theme by Alex Hull. Hear more on his Soundcloud, Operation Solace