Why do established story gurus find it necessary to prevent progress? The base instinct for survival sometimes overrides rational thought--in this case, it leads one guru to bully theorists through name-calling. In addition, I discuss the push towards professional storyform analysis and, of course, discuss the importance of teaching the next generation of storytellers.
Deliberate Storytelling is a practice whereby the Author creates with intent and purpose. Collaborate with a story expert today and start down the path towards finally writing and finishing your story.
Show Notes & Links
- Robert McKee and Syd Field Hate Dramatica the original blog post about computer nerds
- Narrative First Professional Narrative Analysis quality, accurate storyforms
- The One I Love thematic analysis of this fun sci-fi thriller
- Throughline Thursdays my weekly feature explaining the basics of Dramatica story structure
- Stand By Me storyform on the main Dramatica site
- You and I Are Both Alike video montage of a key relationship between the Main and Influence Characters of a story
- The LEGO Batman Movie Makes Fun of You and I with this send-up of the previous link
- Training the Next Generation of Storytellers text message between my daughter and I about the Protagonist and Antagonist of How to Train Your Dragon
- The Ultimate Collection of Protagonists who Act as Influence Characters doesn't always have to be the Main Character
Narrative First theme by Alex Hull. Hear more on his Soundcloud, Operation Solace