Roll back to the original terminology in order to gain more objectivity in your analysis and writing. That’s the best way I know how to supercharge your understanding of Dramatica. In this episode, I cover my push for Dramatica 1.0 and answer emails about the Universe and The Prestige. If you’re struggling to grok the theory, start here.
Deliberate Storytelling is a practice whereby the Author creates with intent and purpose. Collaborate with a story expert today and start down the path towards finally writing and finishing your story.
Show Notes & Links
- Children of Time amazing book and winner of the 2016 Arthur C. Clarke award
- Atypical fantastic narrative series on Netflix the impact of autism on the family unit
- The Fugitive: Applying Jim’s Lesson Universally blog post by Dramatica aficionado Mike Lucas
- The Throughlines of The Prestige quick visual analysis of the film’s major throughline perspectives
- How to Use Dramatica the Right Way: Part One first in a two-part series on leveling up your understanding of this complex and sophisticated theory of story
Narrative First theme by Alex Hull. Hear more on his Soundcloud, Operation Solace