In this episode, I wrap up the Dramatica Users Group analysis of Jon Favreau's Jungle Book and then relate some helpful tips when it comes to weaving subplots into your narrative. In addition, I dive into #storytelling and talk a bit about "narrative fidelity". Lastly, the David Fincher thriller se7en receives the Dramatica analysis treatment.
Deliberate Storytelling is a practice whereby the Author creates with intent and purpose. Collaborate with a story expert today and start down the path towards finally writing and finishing your story.
Show Notes & Links
- The Dramatica Users Group analysis of The Jungle Book contains both an audio podcast and videocast of the class
- The Terminator discussion referred to in the podcast is not yet available online. Stay tuned.
- The Dramatica Users Group YouTube channel several years of videocasts covering the Dramatica theory of story
- Dramatica Podcasts exactly what it sounds like
- The Narrative is Not Real and Stories: The Means by Which We Navigate the World two blog posts on #storytelling
- Meaningful Endings video compilations of different endings
- First look at my analysis of se7en includes a look at the whiteboard from the presentation
- The Throughlines of se7en](https://narrativefirst.com/throughlines/se7en) visual analysis of the structure of the film
- My complete analysis of se7en complete with a downloadable storyform for use with Dramatica Story Expert
- The Jerry McGuire storyforms - the Sports Story and the Romance Story and as good storyforms
- The As Good As It Gets storyforms - the Romance Story and the Neighbors Story
Narrative First theme by Alex Hull. Hear more on his Soundcloud, Operation Solace