In this, the final--and most epic--episode of Season 2, I finish off the initial development of my story and introduce the various features of the new Narrative First Atomizer.
But first I kick things off with an analysis of Thor:Ragnarök--NOTE: in the episode I inaccurately assess the Story Outcome as Success. Clearly the efforts to reach the Overall Story Goal--Saving Asgard from Ragnarök--fail. Switching this Story Dynamic also changes the Relationship Story Throughline Problem and Solution. The Atomizer link below presents an accurate and updated account of the storyform.
Listener mail paves the way for an extended discussion about the Crucial Elements, particularly in regards to a Steadfast Main Character. I finish off my first pass of The Red Lake by briefly outlining the Main Character, Influence Character, and Relationship Story Throughlines. And finally, I cover all the features of the Narrative First Atomizer--a brand new service that sheds light on the elements of story structure.
See you next year!
Deliberate Storytelling is a practice whereby the Author creates with intent and purpose. Collaborate with a story expert today and start down the path towards finally writing and finishing your story.
Show Notes & Links
- Thor: Ragnarök analysis in the Atomizer an up-close and detailed look at the story structure of this film
- The Throughlines of Thor: Ragnarök a visual representation of the story's major thematic elements
- Hunt for the Wilderpeople analysis in the Atomizer as promised, the updated storyform for this film
- The Throughlines of Hunt for the Wilderpeople as found in the original Throughline Thursdays feature
- The Crucial Element archives everything you ever wanted to know about this important ingredient of story
- The Red Lake a live link to the outline for this story developed during this and the previous podcast