In this episode, I cover the importance of connecting the Main Character's problem with the Overall Story problem & a method for constructing the Narrative Argument of your story. The former explains the difference between an OK story and an amazing story; all the great narratives of the past take this approach of pitting subjective vs. objec tive. The latter is helpful in determining the narrative drive of a story and keeping you on track with your story's purpose.
You can read the entire transcription of this episode here.
Deliberate Storytelling is a practice whereby the Author creates with intent and purpose. Collaborate with a story expert today and start down the path towards finally writing and finishing your story.
Show Notes & Links
- Seth Godin's new podcast Akimbo inspiring new podcast from the guy who tends to inspire
- Problems of Character Reflected in Story read how to find resonance between the Main Character and the Overall Story throughlines
- Enough Said storyform
- Mother storyform
- Lady Bird storyform
- The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel storyform
- Dramatica Makes Things Harder it really does
- Building a Narrative Argument read how to construct one of your own using key storypoints from a Dramatica storyform
Narrative First theme by Alex Hull. Hear more on his Soundcloud, Operation Solace.