In this episode, we take a look at the key story events that shift a narrative from one contextual Act to the next. In addition, we discuss what the Dramatica theory of story identifies in a story--namely, the subtext of narrative conflict. If you previously thought subtext was something that could never truly be defined--prepare to learn the truth. Using examples from both The Florida Project and Call Me By Your Name, we offer a first look insight into the reason for re-branding our service with the more appropriate name: Subtext.
You can read the entire transcription of this episode here.
Deliberate Storytelling is a practice whereby the Author creates with intent and purpose. Collaborate with a story expert today and start down the path towards finally writing and finishing your story.
Show Notes & Links
- Writing a Perfectly Structured Scene with Dramatica going beyond what is offered in the current version of Dramatica Story Expert
- Uncovering the Major Plot Points of a Functioning Story an in-depth article explored in this episode
- The Difference Between Neo and Luke Skywalker why the Hero's Journey explanation is insufficient to truly describe what is going on in these films
- The Florida Project complete analysis on Subtext
- Call Me By Your Name complete analysis on Subtext
- Rethinking an Analysis of The Florida Project complete article explaining the message behind the beauty
Narrative First theme by Alex Hull. Hear more on his Soundcloud, Operation Solace.