18. Does Your Main Character Build Resistance or Facilitate Flow?
In this episode we cover the tendency of the Main Character’s personal problems to either build-up dramatic resistance or facilitate a greater flow throughout the story.
17. Defining the Feeling of Tension in Your Story
In this episode we take a look at the Audience Appreciation known as Essence and search for a new way to define it that is easy to understand for writers new to Dramatica.
16. Predicting Who Will Listen to Your Storyform
In this episode we take a look at Hell or High Water and then explain how writers can easily predict who will embrace their story and who will run for the hills.
15. Using Dramatica to Assess Narratives in the Real World
What’s more exciting…Narrative First hiring its first employees, or a real world example of the Dramatica theory of story actually predicting the future?! You decide…
14. 9 Steps Towards Telling Your Story
Following up last week’s conversation regarding what it takes to transform real life into an actual story, we now take time out to cover the first steps you want to take when building that narrative.
13. Transforming Real Life Into A Story and Disney's Moana
In addition to discussing advanced techniques for turning the real world into a full functional narrative, we take time out to discuss all things story with the Head of Story for Disney’s upcoming animated feature, Moana—Dave Pimentel.
12. Star Trek: The Case for Writing a Screenplay with Dramatica
In this episode we explore the magic behind the Dramatica theory of story and why it worked wonders for the first Star Trek reboot in 2009…so why didn’t they use it again for Star Trek:Beyond?
11. The Difference Between Star Trek and Star Wars
In this episode we look at the differences between Star Trek and Star Wars from a Dramatica point-of-view; looking at the structural differences in their narratives.
10. Supercharging the Conflict in Your Story
Insight into how to really use Dramatica to increase the level on conflict in every story. Also, an analysis of the Angry Birds movie, and follow-up!