11. The Difference Between Star Trek and Star Wars
In this episode we look at the differences between Star Trek and Star Wars from a Dramatica point-of-view; looking at the structural differences in their narratives.
10. Supercharging the Conflict in Your Story
Insight into how to really use Dramatica to increase the level on conflict in every story. Also, an analysis of the Angry Birds movie, and follow-up!
9. Batman vs. Superman vs. Deadpool
In this episode we take a look at two blockbuster comic book movies…without actual stories. Why then did one do better than the other? Also, a recap on last week’s Zootopia analysis.
8. Zootopia and Batman Begins
A new format finds me discussing rough drafts of articles and analyses coming out this week. On deck: Zooptopia and Batman Begins.
7. Making Things Uncomfortable for Your Main Character
Main Characters don’t grow on their own—they need someone to come along who sees the world in a completely different light. They need an Influence Character.
6. How to End Writer's Block Forever
Our article on how to end writer’s block forever, and our deep thematic analysis of Brooklyn.
4. Finding Your True Self Through Writing
Playground exercises for writers and our analysis of Creed.
3. The Power of the Playgrounds
An introduction to a powerful creativity tool for writers—the Playground Exercises.